Cant access Hypeion UI

• I am a total noob to all of this, but I'll try to explain, I had hyperion installed and everything was working great until my Pie died. So I ordered a new pie and went through all the install steps again from the dr z youtube video. However for some reason I can not get into the web browser. So far I have tried installing Hyperion NG and the last 3 versions and get the same result. I was however able to get to the browser using a hyperbrian image. However I had a capture card issue and the lights were not responding so I abandond that one.

I decided to reformat the card and start from scratch using the DRZ method again and it does not any diference if I use a 16GB card or a 8GB . I can't access the webbrowser. I can SSH into it , but thats about it. Can someone lease help, I have been scouring the web and forums for 2 days now. When I type in hyperiond I get illegal instruction.
    Its is a Pi 3b plus and I was able to get into the uI with only hyperbrian image.

• I am a total noob to all of this, but I'll try to explain, I had hyperion installed and everything was working great until my Pie died. So I ordered a new pie and went through all the install steps again from the dr z youtube video. However for some reason I can not get into the web browser. So far I have tried installing Hyperion NG and the last 3 versions and get the same result. I was however able to get to the browser using a hyperbrian image. However I had a capture card issue and the lights were not responding so I abandond that one.

I decided to reformat the card and start from scratch using the DRZ method again and it does not any diference if I use a 16GB card or a 8GB . I can't access the webbrowser. I can SSH into it , but thats about it. Can someone lease help, I have been scouring the web and forums for 2 days now. When I type in hyperiond I get illegal instruction.
    Its is a Pi 3b plus and I was able to get into the uI with only hyperbrian image.

look into your router and check the IP adres thats assigned to the raspi, you did a lot of installations on the same MAC adres of the raspi so its possible the router has given all kinds of DHCP adresses out to the raspi...

if you have double IP's then its never possible to see it.
    so first ultracheck if it has got anything at all ( which i dont believe in much, can be wrong..) got to do with Hyperion and this is more a faulty router or networkissue :thumbup:

• look into your router and check the IP adres thats assigned to the raspi, you did a lot of installations on the same MAC adres of the raspi so its possible the router has given all kinds of DHCP adresses out to the raspi...

if you have double IP's then its never possible to see it.
    so first ultracheck if it has got anything at all ( which i dont believe in much, can be wrong..) got to do with Hyperion and this is more a faulty router or networkissue :thumbup:

Thanks for responding. I am using a google wifi puck and everything is working. I can even ssh into it. I looked at the Pi and it only has 1 ip address. I even renamed it. with the google wifi app. I could try rebooting my routerbut not sure if that would do any good.. I think the odd thing is it will load with a hyperbian image but nothing else seems to work. Also I typed in
    systemctl status hyperiond@pi.service
    I get this
    hyperiond@pi.service - Hyperion ambient light systemd service for user pi
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Thu 2021-02-11 18:54:04 GMT; 70ms ago
    Process: 464 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hyperiond (code=killed, signal=ILL)
    Main PID: 464 (code=killed, signal=ILL)

• If you can SSH into it then you know the ip of the Pi so that ip with :8090 in your browser should take you to the GUI but your service is your problem here, its not running or in a limbo state of trying to start, maybe @Lord-Grey or @TPmodding have encountered questions about Active: activating (auto-restart) before.

but without saying its your fault it could be something your doing on each install without realising it esp when i worked on the pre built Hyperbian image, you could try these in the meantime.

Code
    sudo systemctl stop hyperion

Code
    sudo systemctl disable hyperion

Code
    sudo systemctl enable hyperion

Code
    sudo systemctl start hyperion

wait a minute before running this one

Code
    sudo systemctl status hyperion

If it still shows
    Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal)
    What do you get when you run this

Code
    ls -la /usr/bin/hyperiond
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Main PID: 464 (code=killed, signal=ILL)

Are you sure that you installed the right Hyperion binary for this platform?

"signal=ILL" indicates that an illegal instruction is to be executed....

• Wow thanks everyone for your quick replies. Well I started at the top and found this interesting.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl stop hyperion
    Failed to stop hyperion.service: Unit hyperion.service not loaded.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl start hyperion
    Failed to start hyperion.service: Unit hyperion.service not found.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status hyperion
    Unit hyperion.service could not be found.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -la /usr/bin/hyperiond
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33 Feb 11 18:05 /usr/bin/hyperiond -> /usr/share/hyperion/bin/hyperiond

Thats weird as I have 100% have a photo of it saying hyperion was installed as a service it will start on each system startup.

• I have the Pi 3 B+ and I installed this one in my latest attempt.
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…-alpha.9-Linux-armv7l.deb

Interesting enough when I typed uname --M its come back as armv6L

Thanks again in advance you guys are saving me from throwing this thing out the window lol.

• Cool, you might want to uninstall and clean the files from that just in case anything is different

Code
    sudo apt-get --purge remove hyperion

Then run the install again with the v6 version, Hopefully all will be working :thumbup:

Ive given it a good run and no joy. I am going to wipe it again and then remove the SD and start from scratch again. Hopefully it will work.

• bit extreme but whatever you find easier :thumbup: Yeah hopefully it works out this time

Big thanks to everyone for your help. Well I am in and all is working aside from the USB capture stuff and the lights flickering off and on. I saw a thread about changing the resolution for my capture card fingers crossed that helps and any advice is welcomed. Anyway for anyone else who may stumble accross this problem, I was unable to get it going using github versions. After removing hyperion I downloaded the hyperbian image and installed that on my memory card. First time success getting into the web browser. I know its not the ideal way but the web ui says I am running the latest version. So I am half way back in the game :)

• The hint is in the name Hyperbian, Hyperion + Debian - Its sole purpose is to provide out the box greatness while being super stable - That is the preferred way :LOL:

You only went with the other method because it was in the Video, Others go for the Github way depending on the distro they are using or how light they want their system to be, nothing wrong with either but can be problematic as you saw, glad you got it sorted though :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!