Disable lights with pushbutton?

• Hi.

I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the LED strip using a simple pushbutton connected to the GPIO?
    I'm waiting for the LED strip currently, going to set up a HDMI-input ambilight with the standard raspberry-grabber-hdmi splitter-hdmi converter combination.
    I saw there are plugins for Kodi etc for this, but no standalone options.

• I'm very new to the raspberry and not a coder at all (much better at messing with the hardware than the software).. Do you have an example? I tried digging around some already, but all the tutorials seem to require decent coding knowledge and only give parts of the needed info, not a "from scratch" approach.

• Offizieller Beitrag

things to search for: find out how to trigger a script with pushing a button on the gpio pins and then trigger 2 scripts... for example set all leds to black with hyperion-remote -c black and the second would be clear the message with hyperion-remote --clearall

• if you're a smart phone user, your could create and save 2 ssh commands:

Code
    sudo systemctl start hyperion.service

and

Code
    sudo systemctl stop hyperion.service

Im on iOS and use the native 'shortcuts' app to do just this, i then have these SSH scripts set as two widgets on my smartphone that are quick to access.

• Ok, I managed to hack together a solution.

This goes in /usr/local/bin/ as hyper-switch.py.
    sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/hyper-switch.py

This goes in /etc/init.d/ as hyper-switch.sh
    sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/hyper-switch.sh

Finally run
    sudo update-rc.d hyper-switch.sh defaults

Reboot.

Connect a pushbutton between pin 5 (GPIO3) and GND.
    Pressing the button will toggle between setting the LED strip to all black and resuming normal operation.

The code and info is mostly bits and pieces I found online and adjusted to fit my needs.. it seems to work fine so far.

• if you're a smart phone user, your could create and save 2 ssh commands:

Code
    sudo systemctl start hyperion.service

and

Code
    sudo systemctl stop hyperion.service

Im on iOS and use the native 'shortcuts' app to do just this, i then have these SSH scripts set as two widgets on my smartphone that are quick to access.

Hello,

I need some similar to coreelec/libreelec, it is possible?

Thanks

• Hello,

I need some similar to coreelec/libreelec, it is possible?

Thanks

For all who are still searching for the command or just clicked on this thread:

To start hyperionservice just take the command from your autostart.sh in /storage/.config/
    In my case its:

Code
    /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json > /storage/logfiles/hyperion.log 2>&1 &

To stop the hyperion service on Libreelec take this command:

Code
    killall hyperiond

This is how i do it. My personally next steps are:
    - write a script that kills the hyperion service and changes the resolution to 4k
    - write a scirpt that changes the resolution to 1080p and starts the hyperion service (because the RPI4 is not ready for Hyperion+4k yet)

extend with a custom static color for backlight while hyperion (grabber) service is turned off.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!