Raspberry Pi 4

• Maybe you?:)

The race is on!

I ordered my RPi4 a few minutes after the announcement so we'll see when it arrives.

I have/had 4K dreams for the Le Potato but software can take quite a while.

Hoping they are both well supported on the mainline kernel before too long.

• Offizieller Beitrag

most users wonna look 4k videos, with the pi4 this should be now possible... but the software is the same...maybe less cpu usage but no other big changes...

• most users wonna look 4k videos, with the pi4 this should be now possible... but the software is the same...maybe less cpu usage but no other big changes...

Yes, I believe I am one of those people! I have a 4K HDR LG TV that I would love to add Hyperion ambilight to. However, I will continue to watch and learn hoping the Pi4 will prove to be an easier install for 4K HDR.

• Im just really hoping this will allow me to throw away both utv007 and stk1160 30FPS capture devices and upgrade to something with USB 3.0 that is 60FPS. This is my dream and the only thing I don't currently like with my system.

my assumption is that as long as the 3.0 capture device is V4L2 compatible that it should at least have some hope.......

• Im just really hoping this will allow me to throw away both utv007 and stk1160 30FPS capture devices and upgrade to something with USB 3.0 that is 60FPS. This is my dream and the only thing I don't currently like with my system.

my assumption is that as long as the 3.0 capture device is V4L2 compatible that it should at least have some hope.......

Agreed. Wherever we have the opportunity to reduce the number of adapters/converts in the setup, the better. As excited as I am to build my own Hyperion ambilight setup, I think I'll wait for now.

• Yeah, as long as it is V4L2 compatible you can give it a go. But please keep in mind that some devices only deliver MJPEG video material. Currently this is not supported by the stable Hyperion version. I don't know if you guys know Hyperion.ng. Here it should be working. But afaik we are lagging of testers for it...

• My pi4 just showed up. On raspbian everything compiled fine and hyperion-dispmanx is working. I tried the same for hyperion.ng as well but that one is just returning static color bars.

• Would a HDMI to USB-C grabber work? And if so, does anyone know of one that works with hyperion?
    I'm new to all of this and im trying to set up "ambilight" on a 100" projector screen.
    I don't have all the parts yet but i was looking at raspberry pi 4 with a hdmi to usbc grabber and draw power from the same supply i have for the leds, 5v 20a.

Edit: I just realised that doing it this way might be a bit expensive, but it would be nice to skip a splitter and have it go to the pi4 and from there to projector/tv. That is if there is no added lag/input delay.

Any suggestions on what i should do? Just go with a splitter that can downscale output2 to 1080p60 and get a cheaper 1080p capture?

• I got 2 apa102 rolls but one was faulty. I am going to order 2 rolls of SK9822 hope it works with hyperion. I got everything except splitter+capture. Seen devices with both splitter and capture in one but its alway something like only 30 fps or no hdr and so on. Any suggestion on those?

• I got 2 apa102 rolls but one was faulty. I am going to order 2 rolls of SK9822 hope it works with hyperion.

Slightly off-topic, but do you (or anyone else) know if the lower PWM frequency makes an impact on the ambilight as a whole, significant or otherwise? I just recently got a 4KTV myself and i'm looking to retrofit my HDTV ambilight on to but was planning on getting new LEDs. Previously used APA102s and am strongly considering the SK9822s.

• Slightly off-topic, but do you (or anyone else) know if the lower PWM frequency makes an impact on the ambilight as a whole, significant or otherwise? I just recently got a 4KTV myself and i'm looking to retrofit my HDTV ambilight on to but was planning on getting new LEDs. Previously used APA102s and am strongly considering the SK9822s.

https://cpldcpu.wordpress.com/…22-a-clone-of-the-apa102/

This is all i know when it comes to the leds.

• I also have the new RPi4 with LibreELEC 9.1 alpha running. But hyperion doesn't work. I was installing it from addons and copied over my config from RPi3. The LED even doesn't light up at boot, the hyperion app also don't work. Any idea?

Really? I did the same and it worked... kinda!
    The ambilight is flickering very bad. Also i Can’t get a stable picuture on my LG TV when i run it at 4K. Very dissapointing.

Did hyperion install successfully?

• it didnt work for me. I use APA102 leds.
    On Pi3 evertything worked perfect. On Pi4 the leds are flickering extreme when i connect them to the gpio pins,
    I Tried with arduino and it worked but there are issues. When i wanted to calibrate the colours the leds go off on some colours.
    The same issue is also when i watch videos for calibrating the led colours,

i installed hyperion with hypercon and also used hypercon for the config,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!